Essential job responsibilities
- The intern must be a motivated individual contributor who can be an integral contributor to a new health plan BI team.
- Work closely with data stewards, business architects, data architects, data modelers, application architects, subject matter experts, data owners and IT partners to execute data governance initiatives
- Apply basic knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation to address basic and complex business problems. Examples (but not limited to): SQL, SAS, and NoSQL.
- Work with data owners and data stewards to fix data issues and develop a corrective action plan to prevent future data issues
- From a data perspective, they need to establish new definitions, a Q/A protocols, metrics, and acceptable levels of variance in data.
- Assist with creating a robust leadership reporting package
- Work directly with the Director of BI
Essential job skills:
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Recognizes and observes all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Focuses on achieving departmental and organizational objectives
- Able to work effectively with coworkers and on teams
- Strong organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks within time constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels within the Company, community, regulatory agencies, customers and contracting agents
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with multiple departments and management
- Maintains professional appearance by complying with dress code in an appropriate manner
- Complies with company policies and procedures, which includes punctuality as they relate to work time, lunch, and break periods
Specific outcomes expected:
- Documentation of enterprise-wide data definitions and data lineage.
- A process for prioritizing BI requests from the business
- Processes for requesting and retiring standardized and ad hoc reports.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business or equivalent education
- Comfort working in a project-based setting is important
- Some experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL databases